About the job
At Bloq.it, we’re creating the world’s leading Smart Locker solution.
After growing over 2.000% during 2021, reaching 15 countries in 3 different continents, being named one of the 10 most promising startups in the country by EU-Startups, becoming the fastest-growing Smart Locker company in the world, winning the award for the Scaleup of the year 2022 on Startup Grind – Silicon Valley, and now building one of the largest Smart Locker networks in the world, partnering with Vinted Go, we’re looking for new #bloqstars to join our rocketship.
We will empower you to take on the world and create a mark in a way that only you can.
We’re looking to hire experienced Electronics Engineers with a passion for building and scaling high-quality technology, where they have a say in how things are built and have the space to be creative and empowered to have ownership on their own solutions. 💻
You will join our growing tech team, and work directly with our CTO and a team of senior Electronics Engineers.
At Bloq.it we use Python, C++ and C for Hardware / Firmware development, most of it based in Linux and using Raspberry Pi or Intel x86 Architecture. You will also have the opportunity to develop other types of Software, which include Node.js, React, Flutter and Mongodb, DevOps with AWS + Github.
- Be autonomous in providing creative, thorough, and practical solutions to a wide range of technical problems;
- Design and write code that is well organized, scalable, testable, and doesn’t generate new problems (most of the time 😉 );
- Proactively identify issues, bottlenecks, gaps, or other areas of concerns or opportunities and work to either directly affect change, or advocate for that change;
- Self-motivated to learn and show strong initiative;
- Contribute to an engineering-wide culture of code quality and shared responsibility for testing;
- Own the full cycle of development of Electronic products;
- Lead the way to increase the scalability of the product, from the choices of HW to the optimization of testing processes;
- We value trust, transparency, creativity, a hands-on approach, and last but not least, taking ownership of your tasks;
- Strong problem-solving and analysis capabilities;
- Self-starter, ability to work in a fast-paced team environment;
- Strong soft skills and motivated to continuously improve them;
- Interest in entrepreneurship & previous work experience with startups is a plus;
- Excellent attention to detail and strong task ownership;
- Academic background in computer science, electronics engineering or similar.
- Experience in the full cycle of development of electronic products;
- Experience in Building systems in Linux;
- System Engineering experience, such as connecting multiple systems, managing their compabilities and developing features on multiple systems and able to debug;
- Experience in testing products at scale;
- Experience in developing electronic products at scale;
Nice to Have
- Experience with working on Raspberry Pi platforms and x86 architecture;
- Experience in Building systems in Windows;
- Experience in building electrical systems, following the needed certifications;
- Experience in communication protocols such as: Modbus, CANbus, RS-485;
- Experience working with mobile networks (GSM, 3G, 4G);
- Experience in doing procurement of electronics, bonus points if experience in China;
What you’ll get:
This is an opportunity for your to join the core of a fast-growing startup, and take a role in creating highly disruptive tech and shaping the future.
- A competitive salary and a strong bonus scheme based on performance, including stock options;
- Premium health insurance, and other wellbeing options;
- Opportunity to learn on other subjects, Bloq.it will sponsor books/training courses;
- Flexible work conditions (remote, flexible schedule) – Available office in Lisbon if you would like to work in the office;
- Unlimited holidays – our focus is on providing value, and we trust you to make the decision on how much time off you need for providing your best value.
- An awesome team full of ambition and great work culture with focus on work-life balance;
Apply and become a #bloqstar 🚀